UNDER ARMOUR SPEEDFORM APOLLO
It's finally here and we now know what all the hype is about. The Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo Running Trainer made it's debut earlier this year and got soem great coverage and praise and runners world crowned it best Debut Shoe for 2014. With an accolade like that we needed to know what all the fuss was about and it was well worth the praise as the Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo Running Trainer takes running shoes to new levels and now we know why they made the tagline "THIS IS WHAT FAST FEELS LIKE"
The Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo destroys the rules of footwear construction. They craft each shoe in a clothing factory to create the precision feel, fit & comfort you know you get from Under Armour.
- Innovative Under Armour Speedform technology reduces distractions while running
- Seamless heel cup with silicone grip for a locked-in, anatomical fit
- Smooth, ultrasonic welded seaming with Bemis tape for next-to-skin support & comfort
- Perforated upper with ultrasonic seal for durable breathability
- Moulded 4D Foam footbed conforms to your foot's exact shape, minimising slippage
- Full-length Micro G foam turns cushioned landings into high-powered take-offs
- TPU curve at midfoot for extra support & stability
- Light Speed Grip is strategically placed on outsole for ultra-lightweight traction
- Anatomical outsole for natural fit & performance
RUNNERS WORLD REVIEW
Under Armour has long had success with fabrics—no surprise there, given its achievements in team-sports apparel—but has had challenges translating that to performance-running footwear. So it went back to its roots for the Speedform Apollo, with an upper touted as being built in a bra factory. The molded upper is largely free of seams, and the few that do exist are secured without stitches. It's such a smooth, clean finish that you can comfortably ditch your socks. Plus, a thin strip of silicone lines the inside of the collar for a comfortable grip on bare ankles. The shoe puts your foot fairly close to the ground, but heel cushioning is much softer than we'd expected.
Shop the Under Armour Speedform Apollo range online to really push the pace of your next run
Keep up to date on the latest news by following our blog or check us out on all major social networks: